Plasterwork Ceiling Surveys and Reports
Fibrous & lime plaster ceiling surveys and reports, are important components of the Stevensons service. Surveys and reports are relevant to all aspects of plasterwork in every building type new and old.
- At its simplest our surveys determine the scope of works with a view to providing a budget.
- Our surveys may be required to establish the condition and securing of existing plasterwork with a view to providing a report, an action plan and a quotation.
- In the case of public buildings a baseline survey in line with ABTT guidelines, undertaken in conjunction with a structural engineer, will establish the condition of plaster ceilings with the safety of the public in mind.
- The ABTT recommended survey will lead to a report and recommendations for repairs necessary to achieve certification of the ceiling.
- All survey work is undertaken by Stevensons staff of long standing with practical experience of the various type of plaster involved in walls and ceilings.
An accurate plasterwork survey of the kind provided by Stevensons is essential to define the scope of any works required. A precise scope of works is necessary for the calculation of an accurate budget.
An accurate survey is essential to identify the condition of plasterwork and from this to set out and agree a remedial programme.
Under ABTT guidelines a safety certificate can only be offered on the back of a reliable survey and comprehensive plan of action.
Over many years Stevensons have provided a reliable survey and reporting service in connection with theatres, private residences and public and listed buildings of all types.