About This Project
In 2002/2003 Stevensons of Norwich undertook a very substantial package of work as part of the new Birmingham Bullring shopping mall.
- As well as fibrous plaster/glass-reinforced gypsum (GRG) bulkheads and other features, our Stevensons-Stone® was specified extensively for the shop fronts in both the East and West Malls.
- Stevensons-Stone® details included rusticated pilasters, a fascia detail incorporating air-conditioning outlets, a frieze and cornice profile all to a very large scale.
- Stevensons-Stone® was produced with a Portland Stone finish, a sandstone finish and a limestone finish in various locations as specified by the design team.
- Stevensons-Stone® was selected for its durability, impact resistance in a mall environment and its aesthetic qualities for a project for which very high standards had been set.
- In addition to the shopfronts, bespoke columns with a stainless steel finish were also produced in Stevensons-Stone®.
We continue to be invited back to create new shop fronts on an ongoing basis. For our work at the Bullring we were awarded the prestigious Plaisterers Trophy, according to the Judges "Stevensons appeared to have risen to every challenge and have delivered their contribution to a new benchmark for shopping centre development".